From Sandvik's website:
A tough, PVD-coated grade with thin coating for roughing to finishing in unstable to stable conditions. GC1040 has a broad application area and can be easily applied in any milling application. The grade provides secure performance in difficult materials and tough conditions.
Application Range for GC1040
* If you don't understand the below table? Read This Explanation to make the most out of it!
Equivalent Grades for GC1040
The most compatible grade from each brand!
A higher score (Up to 100%) means the grades are more compatible. A lower score or a particular grade not listed does not mean it is not a good grade. It means that its physical and mechanical properties are less close to GC1040
|Kennametal||Milling||KC522M||Semi Tough||Thin PVD||90%|
|Tungaloy||Milling||AH725||Semi Hard||Thin PVD||90%|
|Sumitomo||Milling||ACM300||Semi Tough||Thin PVD||85%|
Cutting Speed recommendations for GC1040
How to use our Cutting Speeds Recommendations
- Pay attention that your desired unit (SFM or m/min) is selected!
- Speeds are given for stable conditions of Machine, Tool, and workpiece.
- An empty cell means the grade is not available for the combination of material and application.
- For more specific Cutting Speeds Recommendations use our advanced
SPEEDS AND FEEDS CALCULATOR
|uid||_||Material Group||Turning (m/min)||Turning (SFM)||Parting (m/min)||Parting (SFM)||Grooving (m/min)||Grooving (SFM)||Milling (m/min)||Milling (SFM)||Driiling (mm/min)||Drilling (SFM)|
|s62ffcc7aa41c||M||Martensitic Stainless Steel||-||-||-||-||-||-||90 - 225||270 - 680||-||-|
|s62ffcc7aa41c||M||Austenitic Stainless Steel||-||-||-||-||-||-||90 - 115||270 - 350||-||-|